The FormFit Ankle Brace is a 'hybrid' of a reinforced ankle brace and a soft ankle support. The padding material consists of breathable Aerospacer mesh with a semi-rigid shell over it. After application, the molded plastic provides the medial/lateral support of a reinforced ankle brace. In addition, the padding material is highly breathable, making the product more comfortable and hygienic. The FormFit Ankle Brace can be used for various applications both in clinical settings and in sports activities (sprains and strains, after plaster, support for weak ankles, prevention of sprains, etc.).
Indications Össur FormFit ankle brace
- Injury of haircut and ligaments (sprained ankle)
- Chronic instability
Features and benefits Össur FormFit Ankle Brace
- The advanced ankle design offers the compression and comfort of an orthosis, but gives 20-35% more protection than traditional soft orthoses.
- Lightweight, low profile design. Breathable and quick drying, which reduces unpleasant odours.
- The quick lacing design allows for quick donning of the orthosis.
- The optional figure-8 strap heel fixation provides constant fixation as opposed to tape that stretches over time.
- Loop for easy adjustment of the figure-8 strap when donning the brace and for quick adjustment while wearing.
- Loops for easy tongue adjustment when donning the brace.
How do you measure the Össur FormFit Ankle Brace?
You can easily determine the correct size by measuring the circumference of the ankle diagonally across the base of the heel and across the ankle bone. You can find the right size in the table below. If you are on a limit size, we advise you to order the smaller size.
||28 - 30.5 cm
||30.5 - 33 cm
||33 - 35.5 cm
||35.5 - 38 cm
||38 - 40.5 cm
- We recommend wearing a (sports) sock under the brace to protect the skin against any stitching
- Always close the Velcro straps after use to prevent tangling and contamination of the Velcro fastenersluiting