Night splint / Night Orthosis - Treatment of Achilles tendon and heel spur complaints
This prefabricated ankle / foot orthosis is a night orthosis for the conservative treatment of plantar fasciitis (heel spur) and Achilles tendon complaints. This night splint comes standard with an extra 'wedge' to give the tendon plate under your an extra rack. This is highly recommended for heel spur complaints. The combination with (soft) insoles
during the day is advised for an optimal result. NB: This heel rail night splint can be worn both left and right.
The use of the heel spur night splint:
- For best results, wear this night orthosis every night for a few weeks. When you put on it you can feel a tangible stretch at the bottom of the foot. We have also prepared a number of good exercises in consultation with our physiotherapists, which can be downloaded here.
- This night splint comfortably supports the affected foot in a controlled amount of dorsal flexion (the position of the foot when the toes are raised), which applies a Low Load Prolonged Stretch (LLPS) to the soft tissues of the plantar fascia and Achilles tendon.
- The orthosis can break the cycle of injury, pain and re-injury by limiting soft tissue contraction during the night.
Indicator positions for the night splint for heel rail
- Plantar Fasciitis (Tendonitis)
- Achilles tendon complaints
- Dorsal flexion restriction (movement in the ankle joint where the toes of the foot move towards the tibia)
Features and benefits of the Ossur night splint
- The position of the orthosis can be adjusted individually
- Can be worn both left and right
- Even pressure under the entire foot (sole)
- Minimal chance of cramping during the night
How to measure
This night splint is easy to measure by means of your shoe size. The correct size can easily be determined in the table below. This night splint can be worn both left and right.
||Shoe size ladies
||Men's shoe size
||Foot plate length
||44 and higher
||45 and higher